Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vegan Supplement Review


I ran out of my super inexpensive Muscle Milk protein from Costco, I had to go with what was around because I sure as hell wasn't going to hike 4 miles UPHILL on an empty stomach without any protein in my blood stream after an 8 hour fast......called SLEEP! So the answer is NO I don't believe in fasted cardio, cardiovascular activity is a strenuous activity that needs fuel like any other activity! You don't fast before you workout do you? I hope not, that would be like draining the gas tank in your car before going to the race track!

So here's the scoop ( no pun intended ), the protein is made by a company called NutraFusion Nutritionals, its a mixture of Pea protein...yeah PEA the vegtable, brown rice protein concentrate and artichoke protein....who would have thought!

This vegan protein powder mixes very well, taste exceptional and has a very comparable amino acid profile to whey protein. Here are the stats everyone..


PROFILE

  • Calories 136
  • Fat 2g
  • Carbohydrates 5g
  • Protein 25g
SUMMARY
If you are looking for a tasty soy free, dairy free and animal free protein powder this is an amazing choice with a total of 4 grams of glutamine per serving! There is alot of talk these days about protein from dairy products being directly related to cancer increase, why take the risk?!

No comments:

Post a Comment